AP PGECET Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test, Andhra Pradesh
Get all educational information of What is AP PGECET 2016?
Check all your Exam Pattern for AP PGECET 2016 at GoResults.Net
Check all Educational updates of AP PGECET Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test at GoResults.Net
What is AP PGECET 2016?
M. Tech aspirants in Andhra Pradesh must appear for Andhra Pradesh Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (PGECET) 2016 exam conducted by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada. Applications are to be submitted online and candidates have an option to pay online or at the AP Online Centres. Candidates can check the details of the Application, Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, Result and more here on this page. Another thing to be noted here is that candidates who have qualified GATE are exempted from PGECET and are also given preference during admissions. You can go through the rest of this document to know each and every detail about the AP PGECET 2016.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for AP PGECET 2016?
1. Candidates must be Indian Nationals.
2. Candidates must also be from Andhra Pradesh and must meet the domicile guidelines
3. They must have passed B.E./B.Tech./AMIE in the respective disciplines with a minimum of 50% marks (45% in case candidate belonging to reserved category)
4. Candidates who have completed their masters like M.Sc have to check the eligibility criteria specified by the individual university to confirm their eligibility.
5. Candidates who have valid GATE scores are exempt from the entrance exam and have to apply separately.
Application procedure for AP PGECET 2016
There is an easy and elaborate procedure for applying for AP PGCET 2016. Candidates are required to apply for AP PGECET-2016 test through Online only (printed hardcopy of the applications will not be accepted). Separate Notification will be issued for admission based on GATE/GPAT Score and those candidates who have cleared their GATE/GPAT exams need not appear for this exam again.
Fees: Rs 500 (Rs 250 for SC/ST candidates)
*Note: Separate fees to be paid for each course. The Registration fee may be paid at any AP online center or through payment gateway (credit/debit card & net banking).
Admit Card for AP PGECET 2016
You can easily download your AP PGECET 2016 Hall Ticket from the 19th May to 21st May, 2016 from the official website by entering your valid registration ID (received during filling of the application form), DOB and registered mobile number. The exam will be held in centres in the cities of Visakhapatnam, Kakinada, Guntur, Tirupathi, Anantapuram. Exact addresses of the exam centres shall be mentioned on the Admit Card.
Exam Pattern for AP PGECET 2016
1) The Duration of the exam will be 2 hours from 10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon in the morning session and 2.00 PM to 4.00 PM for the afternoon sessions as per the Time Table given in Test Schedule.
2) The AP PGECET 2016 question paper will be in English and will consist of 120 questions.
3) Candidates must ensure themselves that they have chosen the correct test paper, which qualifies them to become eligible to seek admission to the specific program they are interested in. The details of the courses offered by the Universities along with specified eligibility for each course and test to be written is given at annexure-B. Candidates should ensure that they satisfy the eligibility criteria for admission into the preferred program as given in annexure-B.
4) All the questions will be objective type.
5)Each question carries 1 mark.
Download a Sample AP PGECET Test Paper to get an idea of the pattern.
AP PGECET 2016 Syllabus
There are numerous subjects under the AP PGECET where the candidates shall be evaluated. Following are the subjects that you must prepare for. To know the details about each subject please click on it.
Computer Science & Information Technology
Geo Engineering & Geo Informatics
Electronics & Communication Engineering
Application Form for AP PGECET 2016
To successfully apply for PGECET, the candidates have to make the payment first and then they will be able to fill the form. Online applications will start from 6th March 2016. We have given the procedure to fill your application form below:
1. Go to the official website www.appgecet.org to view the application form.
2. Fill the relevant fee details as required in the form and then you can proceed to fill your other required details.
3. Enter all your academic and personal details in the form that appears.
4. Upload your scanned photograph and signature carefully in the prescribed space.
5. Click on ‘Agree’ button and submit the form.
6. After the completion and submission of the form, a unique registration ID is generated. Keep this registration ID for future reference as it will be used at the time of downloading admit card and when you are about to look at your score.
7. As you will click on ‘Confirm’ button, a confirmation SMS will be sent to your registered mobile number and an email containing a copy of the filled application form will also be delivered to your email ID.
8. A candidate can apply for multiple tests. However, separate registration fee must be paid for each test.
Corrections in AP PGECET 2016 Application Form:
In case you have filled any incorrect information in the form, you shall have the chance to correct it before the exam. This is a facility offered by the authorities for corrections in the application Form. To make corrections, candidates must log in and enter their Registration Id, Mobile No, Date of Birth (As per SSC/Class X) to apply for corrections.
Get help in filling the AP PGECET 2016 form
Important Dates for AP PGECET 2016
|Event of AP PGECET 2016||Date|
|Issue of Notification||03.03.2016|
|Commencement of online applications||06.03.2016|
|Last Date for submission of online applications|
|Without late fee||20.04.2016|
|With a late fee of Rs 500||30.04.2016|
|With a late fee of Rs 2000||11.05.2016|
|With a late fee of Rs 5000||18.05.2016|
|With a late fee of Rs 10000||21.05.2016|
|Downloading of Hall Tickets||19.05.2016 To 21.05.2016|
|Examination Dates||25.05.2016 To 27.05.2016|
|Declaration of Results||10.06.2016|
AP PGECET 2016 Result
The Result of AP PGECET 2016 will be declared on June 10, 2016. For a candidate’s name to appear on the result list, the candidate’s score in AP PGECET 2016 will be the deciding factor. The candidate must also meet all the criteria required for applying to AP PGECET 2016.
What is the Selection Procedure after AP PGECET 2016?
Candidates must obtain a minimum of 25% of the total marks to qualify. Only those candidates who score marks above the Cutoff will be considered as eligible to apply for counselling and admissions to the M.Tech seats in AP.
PGECET 2016 Counseling Schedule
1. Candidates who qualify must attend the document verification in person as specified.
2. They have to sign in the register and pay the non-refundable processing fee of Rs 600 (Rs 300 for SC/ST/PH) before verification of certificates
3. Candidates must collect their scratch card after document verification containing their serial number and password for web option entry
4. They have to enter their Web Options as per their preferences after logging in
5. Candidates will be allotted seats as per their Merit in GATE and AP PGECET 2016 options entered by them and the seat intake available.
Official Contact Info:
Convener, AP PGECET 2016
1st Floor, Administrative Building,
JNT University Kakinada,
Kakinada – 533003